The Development Chemist will function as a key member of the Process Development service Team. This position will provide chemistry expertise and technical support for the chemical development of processes in the laboratory, kilo laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing plants at the Cork site to ensure project timelines are met and that the site’s technical, quality and safety metrics are all achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical & laboratory support for the introduction of new products to the right from route development, through scale up and implementation on plant scale.
· Support development projects in the lab, including route scouting, route development, proof of concept and process robustness studies
· Propose modifications to the synthetic route to solve sophisticated chemistry issues for both laboratory and plant processes.
· Undertake the synthesis of compounds to required quality standards, including acquiring and interpretation of analytical data.
· Develop/Expand scientific, technical, and drug discovery knowledge by reading the peer reviewed scientific literature, attending scientific conferences and via relevant training
· Author or contribute to regulatory submissions, patents and other internal documentation relevant to the role.
· Communicate with the clients and other teams to ensure the transfer of the project from the plant to the lab.
· Work with due care and attention, perform all quality, regulatory and safety duties in a compliant manner whilst acting always in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of
· PhD in chemistry with a significant Organic Chemistry component.
· 2-3 years, experience in synthetic / organic chemistry (industry or research institution preferred but not essential).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh.