Sales Manager, Europe
Soft Robotics Inc.
About The Company
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that designs and builds grippers, gripper controllers, and autonomous manipulation systems that can handle items of varying size, shape, and weight with a single device. By leveraging the science of soft robotic actuators, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended on manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks.
Industries they currently focus on are within the food processing and advanced manufacturing – high volume manufacturing.
Soft Robotics are a multiple award winning company and recent Press Coverages within the industry claims they are one of the “ hottest Industrial Robotics companies” out there – Ted Talk, Tech Crunch Talks. They are the only industrial robotics company to be named 2018 CES Innovation Award Honorees, other awards include RBR 50 award, Agtech award, MassTLC Innovation award,
Soft Robotics Inc. have partnered with Collins McNicholas on an exclusive basis for the recruitment of a Sales Manager of their expanding global operations.
The position will be based from Ireland and have responsibility to drive the growth of sales for the European markets.
Position Summary: Head of Sales for European markets
The European Sales Manager is a new position for this growing company , reporting to the Chief Business Officer based in the US, you will be responsible for making, personally closing and driving the sales of the company’s products and solutions directly to end user manufacturers and through integration partners and distribution channels in Europe.
The successful candidate will leverage the already established footprint and will develop and implement a sales strategy for the manufacturing/processing market in the assigned territory. You will develop, establish and lead an effective standardized sales process including prospecting, lead generation/qualification/follow-up and order closing focusing on maximizing value for their manufacturing customers.
Your clients will be focused on the food processing (e.g., protein incl chicken, meat, pork, seafood and deli meats, bakery incl pizza, produce incl fruits and vegetables) and advanced manufacturing industry.
Working closely with the marketing team you will develop and execute marketing programs, select, plan and staff trade shows, and will gather and communicate customer feedback to help drive product improvement and new product development.
- Qualified candidates will offer significant experience (10 years minimum) successfully exceeding quotas selling robotic based industrial automation solutions to markets.
- Proven Track Record preferred – must have a strong record of success and meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Experience selling new conceptual and innovative products preferred.
- Robotics sales experience
- Must be a results-oriented, self-starter and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- A technical undergraduate degree is preferred and will help establish credibility with the decision makers who are usually degreed engineers as well.
- Experience with the use and administration of SalesForce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to help plan, manage and track the sales process.
- Must have active, leverageable relationships within the robotics and automation market with end users, robot manufacturers and systems integrators.
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident and honest.
- Availability to travel.