Sales Manager, Europe
Soft Robotics Inc.
About The Company
Soft Robotics designs and builds soft robotic gripping systems and automation solutions that can grasp and manipulate items of varying size, shape and weight. Spun out of the Whitesides Group at Harvard University, Soft Robotics is the only company to be commercializing this groundbreaking and proprietary technology platform. Today, the company is a global enterprise solving previously off-limits automation challenges for customers in food & beverage, advanced manufacturing and e-commerce. Soft Robotics’ engineers are building an ecosystem of robots, control systems, data and machine learning to enable the workplace of the future. For more information, please visit www.softroboticsinc.com.
Soft Robotics is a multiple award-winning company. Recent Press Coverages within the industry claims they are one of the “hottest Industrial Robotics companies” out there – Ted Talk and Tech Crunch Talks. They are the only industrial robotics company to be named 2018 CES Innovation Award Honorees, other awards include RBR 50 award, Agtech award and MassTLC Innovation award.
Soft Robotics Inc. has partnered with Collins McNicholas on an exclusive basis for the recruitment of a Sales Manager to support their expanding global operations. The position will be based from Ireland and have responsibility to drive the growth of sales for the European markets.
Position Summary: Sales Manager for European markets
The European Sales Manager is a new position for this growing company, reporting to the Chief Business Officer based in the US and will be responsible for making, personally closing and driving the sales of the company’s products and solutions directly to end-user manufacturers and through integration partners and distribution channels in Europe.
The successful candidate will leverage the already established footprint and will develop and implement a sales strategy for the manufacturing/processing market in the assigned territory. You will develop, establish and lead an effective standardized sales process including prospecting, lead generation/qualification/follow-up and order closing focusing on maximizing value for their manufacturing customers.
Your clients will be focused on the food processing (e.g., protein including chicken, meat, pork, seafood and deli meats, bakery including pizza, produce including fruits and vegetables) and advanced manufacturing industry.
Working closely with the marketing team you will develop and execute marketing programs, select, plan and staff trade shows, and will gather and communicate customer feedback to help drive product improvement and new product development.
- Qualified candidates will offer significant experience (10 years minimum) successfully exceeding quotas selling robotic based industrial automation solutions to markets.
- Proven Track Record preferred – must have a strong record of success and meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Experience selling new conceptual and innovative products preferred.
- Robotics sales experience
- Must be a results-oriented, self-starter and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- A technical undergraduate degree is preferred and will help establish credibility with the decision makers who are usually degreed engineers as well.
- Experience with the use and administration of SalesForce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to help plan, manage and track the sales process.
- Must have active, leverageable relationships within the robotics and automation market with end users, robot manufacturers and systems integrators.
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident and honest.
- Availability to travel.