Dos & Don’ts
when preparing for your interview
- Check the format of the interview beforehand to avoid being caught off guard.
- Research the company – check their website, news articles, industry magazines etc.
- Prepare – know your CV, have examples ready to demonstrate different competencies & skills.
- Have questions prepared for the interviewer to demonstrate your interest in the company and the job.
- Dress well – a smart business suit, neutral colours and clean shoes.
- Be on time!
- Make negative or derogatory remarks about your current or previous employers.
- Over-answer questions – keep it short and to the point.
- Enquire about salary, bonuses or holidays during the first interview.
- Oversell yourself or be overly enthusiastic – it may be interpreted in the wrong way.
- Let your disappointment show if the interview is not going as planned.