Video for this job
Our client is a well established Global company who is now setting up operations in Ireland, we are looking to recruit 5 Workshop Technicians initially. Working as a Workshop Technician you are responsible for assembling/disassembling and testing of products according to a weekly plan. You will also have the opportunity as a Workshop Technician to assist in and cooperate with team members on Corrective Action Reports as required.
Overview of your responsibilities (full job description available upon request):
- Reviews HS2 documentation on a daily basis.
- Will be responsible for meeting the daily production targets with respect to quality, volume, and efficiency. Collaborates with, other zone members and the Zone Leader in establishing priorities, ensures customer due dates are met.
- Inspects parts, assemblies, and systems. Follows inspection criteria defined in Work Instructions, drawings, schematics, or other technical data as required.
- Daily checks calibrated tooling prior to its use.
- Performs leak tests and assists in troubleshooting leak test failures.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures. Follows and complies with assigned tasks.
- Promptly reports problems to management and seeks assistance towards the resolution of more complex problems.
- Maintains working area in accordance with good housekeeping practices and 6S standards as defined by management.
- Maintains established quality and time standards. Provides input and feedback for continuous improvement.
- Completes all required paperwork accurately and according to work instructions.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- Certification in a mechanical/technical field desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing or similar
- Ability to work with hand and power tools
- Good PC literacy; experience with SAP an advantage
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, and published specifications
- Must be available to travel to mainland Europe for training when permitted
**FULL JOB SPECIFICATION SHARED TO SUITABLE APPLICANTS**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Nicola Egan.