Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Windows Admin who would love to join a global health care leading company. Their 107,000 employees serve people in more than 160 countries. This position is part of the Global Infrastructure Services team and reports directly to the IT Leadership team based in the Netherlands. This is an annual contract role based out of Dublin in their office in Liffey Valley.
What you would be working on:
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including networks.
Setting up user accounts, maintaining a library of system documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space.
Administration of personal computers, client servers, electronic mail, on-line and internet resources, local area networks and wide area networks, and standard application software products.
Interacts with users and analyzes vendor products.
Purchase recommendation of hardware and software, and coordinates installation with vendors and/or technicians. Trains internal users.
Develops and monitors policies and standards of allocation and use of office automation equipment and resources.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- At least 3 years of experience in systems support and working knowledge of specific technology to be administered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience as a technical expert in one or more of the following systems with proficiency in at least two of the following technologies: Windows, VMWare, Citrix, Web environments and File/Print environments and security.
- Must demonstrate knowledge across infrastructure disciplines and technologies and has a broad understanding of IT standards and methodologies.
- This position requires an overall understanding of monitoring and backup/recovery technologies.
- Candidate must have disaster recovery experience in Windows environments.
- Experience with a variety of operating systems protocols and tools, depending on the type of platform or application to be administered.
- Able to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
- Capable of performing tasks in dynamic/changing situations and, under stress, optimizing the availability of system services to users/LOB staff.
- Expertise in File & folder permissions.
- Familiarity with multi-platform environments.
- Understanding of security systems.
What you will receive in return:
- Attractive compensation.
- Structured career development.
- Be part of a global high-performance tech team.
- Structured induction program and extensive training.
Location: Outside Dublin – Liffey Valley.
* Full job description available on request *
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amanda Melo.