The Wedding Events Co-ordinator must demonstrate high engagement levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service, in accordance with the company. The Events Co-ordinator has a responsibility to ensure that we communicate and deliver the most complete and organized Sales approach and customer service experience from the enquiry stage through to contracting and event completion.
- Utilise all Events administration standards as per current Minimum Standards such as a 24-hour response time to enquiries and correspondence and maintain system for active follow-up
- Utilise Opera input/booking procedures as per current Standards. Maintain timely tracking and follow-up of all bookings. Ensure definite bookings are regularly followed up to secure accurate numbers as far in advance as possible but no later than 5 days prior to arrival. Ensure regular updates on specific bookings within the timeframe are provided in order to assist Revenue Manager & Senior Sales Manager in accurate forecasting
- Practice Yield Management of inventories in accordance with Budget guidelines & Promotional / Periodical Offers
- Effectively & positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with all contacts
- Understand and effectively manage cultural needs and expectations of groups utilising facilities.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines, working in accordance with budget guidelines and ensuring numbers and pricing guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Analyse internal or external reports and apply to Department operations as appropriate
- Project a pleasant positive and professional image to all contacts at all times
- Participate / attend when required at the Management Meetings, Sales Meetings, BEO’s etc.
- Attend scheduled events briefings providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries, in accordance with requirements
- Highlight enquiries which require General Manager / Hotel Manager / Director of Sales / Director of Marketing and Senior Sales Manager assistance towards conversion
- Communicate daily to your Manager, Food & Beverage Managers, Front Office Managers on any critical issues and activities of Events particularly any variances to Forecast anticipated.
- Build network in organisations that may directly or indirectly impact our business as appropriate
- Research market trends and generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive set
- Obtain a full knowledge of competitor products in order that identification can be made when quoting to customers in order to understand market place.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Experience in the hospitality industry.
- 3rd Level Degree in a Business Discipline.
- Significant experience with Opera or equivalent.
- Word-processing skills, preferably with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!