An exciting opportunity for an experienced Area Supervisor to join a leading water/wastewater solutions company based in Clare on a permanent contract. This work involves managing a team of operators, craftsmen and operational scientists on the various drinking water and wastewater treatment plants in the Ennis area.
- Excellent time management and flexibility. Both clients and operational staff will be in regular contact with the Area Supervisor – so the role requires someone who can manage time effectively for himself and those he works with.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated, a self-starter who manages their time for the benefit of the particular activity they are involved in. Flexibility in start and finish times is vital to ensure completion of activities.
- Management of the routine operational, maintenance and process activities as required at the treatment plants and the associated pumping stations as directed by Senior Management.
- Ensuring contractual requirements are managed to produce positive outcomes for the company and the client.
- Responsible for managing the routine process monitoring of the treatment processes to ensure compliance and cost effectiveness of the various O&M contracts in place.
- The ideal candidate will a have proven track record of managing operational staff.
- A good command of the English language is required, and the ability to communicate well both face to face and on the phone at all levels within the company and with clients and statutory bodies is essential.
- The operational contracts require regular call out and stand by and weekend plant checks. The Area Supervisor will be available to guide and direct the on call team to ensure contractual compliance and cost effective solutions are implemented in an out-of hours environment.
- The role requires someone of degree standard. An engineering and/or science degree is desirable. The person will live in the locality, have a Safepass and be able to ensure timely access to the sites within the responsibility of the role – so a full clean driving licence is obligatory.
- The role requires a good understanding of the waste water treatment process and the contractual and compliance requirements of DBO contracts.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.