Our client is a well established international company who is now setting up operations in Dublin. They are seeking to hire a Warehouse Team Leader who will be ready to join their team in October 2020 and will form part of a cohort of first hires to their Ireland operations and will report into the Senior Materials Controller on site. The warehouse controller will have direct responsibility for 4 warehouse operators with the potential to grow the team over time.
- To schedule and manage customer’s collections and deliveries in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Effectively managing drivers and dealing confidently with customers.
- Managing receiving, packing, and spare parts area.
- Booking deliveries in SAP, clearing the Health and safety forms
- Managing paperwork and general administration duties effectively within the team
- Managing the picking, loading & unloading of orders in the warehouse.
- Managing stock control and inventory.
- Providing induction training to new employees.
- Managing all storage space and areas, maximize utilization of warehouse capacity.
- Being responsible for the tidiness of the warehouse and site, using 6S.
- Daily monitoring of warehouse equipment/ damages/ and reporting of damage on equipment or goods or unusual situations.
- Health and Safety of warehouse environment including risk assessment and process mapping
- Operational continuous improvement “challenge the standard”
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of at least 3 years in a warehouse team leader role.
- Proven ability to deliver project objectives on time and to budget.
- Ability to lead the team, actively solve problems.
- Ability to input, retrieve, and analyze data.
- Highly motivated and willing to take the initiative for implementing continuous improvements and to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed inter-personal skills relating to internal management members and global operations personnel.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of other transaction and planning systems (SAP) preferred
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.