To oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities. Ensure the smooth running of the warehouse in order to feed the businesses operational and customer demand. Maintaining the smooth operation of a fast moving environment. Responsible for the day to day management of people within the warehouse function, to ensure company’s targets and objectives are met to meet customer requirements, ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures. Responsible for housekeeping standards and continuous improvement within the warehouse. Act independently at the organizational level. Reporting to
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Communicate daily with the Production Process Managers, Planning, Customer Service, and other relevant personnel on the current and upcoming schedule requirements to ensure shipping targets are met.
- Monitor scheduling of orders to ensure output meets scheduled ship dates and communicate unexpected delays to Customer Services.
- Respond and manage any problems which arise which may interfere with production/shipping schedules and liaise with relevant personnel to resolve.
- Identify, develop and implement plans for efficient management of warehouse department cost reduction within warehouse, waste reduction and operational improvement through the use of quality tools and structured problem-solving techniques and Monitor accuracy of performance for control of raw material and finished goods material transactions.
- Assist in the resolution of issues raised through Quality Notifications, Internal or External Audits, and Customer Complaints.
- Cycle count management of manufacturing inputs/outputs and warehouse racking, complete physical inventories when applicable and manage Coordination of shipping schedule
- Ensure all transactions in relation to RTV, Scrap and OSMI are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acquire knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms. SAP Transactions, run reports & interrogating analysis. Carry out monthly rack inspections and provide report to H&S Manager.
- Responsible for all FLT’s and associated lifting equipment throughout plant ensuring they meet the necessary H&S requirements to perform safe lifting operations within warehouse and manufacturing.
- Ensure all team members are managed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Plan, schedule and direct the work efforts of the team.
- Coach and mentor, development programmes, Disciplinary & Grievance, Absence management, investigations and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the leadership and mentoring of the team, which includes performance feedback and identify and fulfil training requirements of team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Strong management skills (leadership, communication, problem solving, planning, employee development and decision making).
- Basic knowledge of computers, printers, fax machines, copiers and other related office equipment. Word processing and spreadsheet skills are necessary.
- Basic understanding of relevant SOP’s and QP’s.
- Satisfactory secondary level education
- Five years shipping/receiving, quality and safety knowledge and experience
- Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and job related software, such as SAP and Microsoft Office
For more information or a confidential discussion on the role, please contact David Lennon