Our client, a leading transport and logistics company based in Galway are looking to hire a Nightshift Warehouse Supervisor. This is a permanent position.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of all aspects of the shift including people management, efficient offloading of freight, detailed discrepancy reporting, route planning, and meeting loading targets.
- Supervising warehouse staff
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure inventories are accurate at month's end.
- Management of raw material movement from stores to production in a timely fashion.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Manage, develop, and motivate direct reports, ensuring a high level of employee engagement
- Ensure company policies, procedures, and housekeeping are adhered to in all areas of responsibility
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Key competencies include:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate work
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Proficient with computers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Understanding of safety rules
- Knowledge of general software and applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an innovative approach to process improvement.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle McInerney
091 706 717