** Warehouse Shift Supervisor -Ringaskiddy, Cork**
Great opportunity in a brand new distribution centre in Cork for Regatta Ireland Great Outdoors. Regatta supplies a range of waterproof jackets, fleeces, walking boots, and camping equipment. The much-loved Irish brand prides itself on being your door to the great outdoors, no matter what the weather.
The Shift Supervisor will motivate and engage logistics colleagues on a daily basis in the order fulfilment function, achieving the highest possible standards in Health and Safety, customer service, productivity, and quality of work.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to, including PPE, housekeeping and hygiene standards.
- Investigate any Health & Safety issues promptly accurately and in sufficient depth to complete all relevant documentation and provide clear information about the accident, incident, or hazard.
- As an Area Owner ensure that all Risk Assessments and procedures are regularly reviewed and updated as applicable and remedials are actioned in a timely manner
- Ensure that Health and Safety Audit timetables and remedial actions are adhered to promoting continuous improvements in all areas.
- Full understanding of all company policies and procedures
- Manage team members consistently, fairly and in line with our Values and HR policy and procedures
- Set high standards in performance, quality and behaviour for your team, promptly tackling issues and recognising excellence.
- Recognise, celebrate and reward success within the team.
- In conjunction with the Warehouse Manager plan the resources required (people and equipment) in order to meet the daily targets and objectives
- Deliver results through your team and continually strive to achieve and improve KPI’s.
- Execute honest and fair performance management, and where necessary, applying disciplinary, capability, and grievance procedures.
- Carry out effective return to work meetings, probation reviews, appraisals, investigations, ADR’s, and 1 to 1’s within the required timeframes.
- Produce operational reports – as required.
- Develop, lead and coach team, including preparation of succession planning.
- Facilitate and deliver employee inductions to ensure effective integration of all staff including agency employees.
- Focus your team on service levels that exceed customers’ expectations, both internal and external, through all channels constantly looking to improve standards.
- Develop, improve and maintain interdepartmental communications across shifts.
- Engage your team in the participation in the Staff survey to improve results year on year.
- Develop and continually improve warehouse operational procedures.
- Participate in the selection, training, and development of colleagues within the team.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Logistics FMCG background
- IOSH qualification desirable
- Experience in a supervisory or team leading role preferable gained in a distribution / FMCG environment
- Good PC knowledge (Word, Excel, Gmail)
- Track record of coaching, developing and team building
- Systems knowledge and experience - AS400 / WMS / PeopleHR
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Willingness to undertake a QCF qualification as well as other training to meet the future requirements of the business
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.