Video for this job
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Warehouse Manager will manage all warehouse operations at the North Dublin facility and ensure delivery of ‘best in class’ standards of service to our customers, both internally and with end customers.
Key Areas of Expertise
- People Management – has demonstrable leadership and management capability and has previously led a high-performance team in a warehouse environment.
- Warehouse Operations – has managed and led a best in class warehouse operation with multiple storage types.
- Health and Safety – has proven ability to promote and ensure safe operating practices in all aspects of warehouse operations in accordance with HSA legislation, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Systems, Processes and Technology – understands the importance of warehouse management systems, data and processes to optimize material (physical and transactional) flow through the warehouse. Knowledge of current and emerging technologies which could assist in the ongoing development of the warehouse infrastructure and processes.
- Regulations Knowledge – knowledge of current and upcoming global medical device distribution regulations, GDP, hazardous goods shipping and storage.
Principle Duties and responsibilities
- High Performance Team
- Take responsibility for managing and developing direct reporting staff in team of 8+.
- Develop and implement the appropriate operating and resource model.
- Ensure all training requirements are planned / implemented, having reviewed the skill base of the team.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture that encourages team collaboration to drive cost efficiency and business effectiveness.
- Create and motivate a high-performance Steam to effectively deliver the expectations of each of the business unit.
- Operational Excellence
- Ensure all warehouse activities are performed in accordance with best practice Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS).
- Work closely with business managers to agree service levels. Consistently deliver on these service levels through current and future growth. Meet with business managers regularly to discuss performance.
- Work with the team to optimize material flow and handling and target ‘right first time’ system processing
- Ensure tight stock control incl. accuracy and appropriate handling to avoid financial adjustments/write-offs.
- Maintain the required standards of Health & Safety, Housekeeping and Security.
- Drive warehouse operations initiatives included within thebusiness strategic plans.
- Ensure appropriate risk management plans are in place to support business continuity in event of adverse events arising.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that monitor warehouse activity/performance and provide actionable insights.
- Ensure warehouse employees understand each KPI and how their activities contribute and influence each KPI.
- Systems, Processes and Technology
- Ensure that the warehouse team operate and adhere to the specified systems & processes (e.g. SOPS).
- Embrace new technology and process developments, seeking to continuously improve.
- Identify issues/opportunities for improvement and work with relevant stakeholders to realise such improvements.
- Ensure full awareness/understanding of regulatory requirements incl. EUDR, WDA License and manage the warehouse operation to ensure compliance and audit readiness.
- Strategic Planning
- Contribute as part of the management team to the long-term business strategy, providing strategic input to management team and directors from an operational perspective. Lead development and updates on 3-year strategic plans.
- Experience and understanding of customer focused logistical supply operations, including warehousing, planning and distribution.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing an operational team, to deliver customer satisfaction and meet business performance objectives.
- Engineering knowledge with experience in the specification, development, delivery and implementation of technical advancements within a warehouse environment.
- Experience and understanding of ERP systems.
- Action orientated – someone who consistently demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Leadership – someone who consistently motivates and empowers others in order to reach goals.
- Planning and organising – someone who organises and schedules events, activities and resources in addition to setting up and monitoring timescales and plans.
- Team orientated with good presentation and communication skills, and able to interface at all levels with colleagues, suppliers and customers alike.
- Resilient, tenacious and optimistic with a consistent positive mental attitude.
- Flexible approach to business with good administration and time management.
- Commercial awareness and problem solving – someone who understands and applies commercial principles, viewing issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Boyle on 016620088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.