The Warehouse /Inventory Manager will have responsibility for managing a small team of stores personnel for the supply chain function to the manufacturing facility.
The successful applicant will lead a team consisting of 4 people in total and will report to the COO.
Warehouse Manager responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of Goods inwards – Outwards – Kit building Operators, ensuring they have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools, and support to perform in their roles through, training and development processes where required.
- Deliver a plan for the component supply function that ensures the company will deliver on its production commitments within the allocated budget, people resources, targets, and timeframes.
- Lead a program of continuous improvement for the Warehouse department using principals and methodologies of Lean, to ensure systems and processes are optimised, fit for purpose and driving efficiency and effectiveness in terms of quality, waste elimination and cost, utilising Lean methodologies.
- Analyse inventory additions requested for stock and specific customer requirements and Coordinate with departments to ensure stock is maximised to full potential
- Strategically find new solutions to maximise space, improve processing time for goods coming in and kitting time to send materials to the production facility.
- Manage and execute monthly and annual accurate stock counts during factory downtime and investigate variances to reconcile with MRP System and monthly accounts
Warehouse Manager experience:
- Educational/Professional qualification in Component Distribution / Warehousing and Stock control.
- Deep knowledge of Stock control function and execution of best practices accordingly.
- Experience in SME Manufacturing company, or related industry, with strong knowledge of JIT Manufacturing systems, operations and standards required.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Warehouse / Inventory management role.
- Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting and successful continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability to manage and develop high-performance teams.