Our client, a world leading packaging company based here in Galway are looking to add a Warehouse Manager who will lead the development and growth of the team. Reporting onto the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse Manager oversees operations at a warehouse to ensure that all incoming and outgoing inventory is processed according to schedule. Their duties include preparing schedules for Warehouse Associates, training new employees on how to use machinery and monitoring compliance with safety standards.
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure inventories are accurate at month end.
- Management of raw material movement from stores to production in a timely fashion.
- Material issues to works orders and receipts back into stock (R1 or Q1)
- Actively participate in weekly departmental meetings
- Manage, develop, and motivate direct reports, ensuring a high level of employee engagement
- Ensure company policies, procedures, housekeeping are adhered to in all areas of responsibility
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Qualification in logistics or similar is highly desirable.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager
Key competencies include:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate work
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Proficient with computers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Understanding of safety rules
- Knowledge of general software and applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills with innovative approach to process improvement.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work on own initiative and as part of team
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role and company please contact Chris O Toole