Our client, a large multi-purpose cooperative, is seeking to hire a Warehouse and Distribution Site Manager to join their team in Achonry on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Operations of Consumer foods, the Site Manager will have the responsibility to ensure the management of operations, supply chain, quality, health and safety processes are effectively managed.
Major Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Ensure efficient operations of the facilities.
- Implement and drive Lean techniques and culture.
- Propose and manage Capital Expenditure to upgrade facilities, improve efficiencies.
- Manage a diverse team and implement HR policies.
- Ensure best practice and agreed KPI’s are achieved.
- Ensure that the facilities and operations comply with the standards of Food Safety and Hygiene applicable, and to third party standards and audits.
- Participate actively in implementation of the strategic plan of the business unit and the group.
- The ideal candidate must be self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and attention to detail.
- Extensive experience of managing a large, chilled warehouse would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of implementing/using a computerised warehouse management system would be a distinct advantage.
- Will have managed a large team.
- A third-level education in a relevant supply chain/logistics discipline would be a distinct advantage.
- Travel will be required to various sites, hence a full clean driving license is essential.
- Experience in the management of change and continuous improvement.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn.