Our Client, is the leading Maintenance contractor for Motorways, National Roads in Ireland. They are looking to hire a Vehicle Restraint Systems (VRS) Inspector to join their team based in Mallow. This is a permanent role and will involve travel in the Southern region of Ireland. The role will involve monitoring and implementing the highest standards in the promotion of health, safety, and quality in all activities. Competitive package on offer.
Key Responsibilities (Full spec available on request):
- Carrying out detailed inspections of VRS.
- Performing safety patrols of VRS.
- Upload and manage data created on the client VRS database.
- Plan and coordinate VRS repair crews and subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Local Authority contacts, TII Representatives, Emergency Services, Suppliers, and Sub-Contractors & stakeholders in general.
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety, and Environment aspects of all works to the highest standards.
- Ensure Traffic Management is implemented in compliance with national standards.
- Monitor, control & report subcontractor work performance and quality.
- Compile information for the Safety File for all specified VRS tasks.
- Communicate with Line Manager & Senior management, providing progress information and identifying issues of concern in good time.
- Deliver projects within timelines, and budget and comply with agreed scope & quality.
What the VRS Inspector will have:
Education & Training Requirements:
- Detailed knowledge of TII Publication’s DN-REQ-03034 – The Design of Road Restraint Systems (Vehicle and Pedestrian) for Roads and Bridges and CC-SPW00400 – Specification for Road Restraint Systems (Vehicle and Pedestrian).
- Shall have completed TII and Engineers Ireland’s 2-day Vehicle Restraint Systems Design Course.
- Shall have obtained the Lantra NHSS 10b foundation course (green card) (or equivalent National or International Scheme).
- Shall have obtained the Lantra NHSS 10b installer course (blue card) (or equivalent National or International Scheme).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role in VRS installation.
- Survey experience with GPS rover.
- Working with High-Speed Traffic Management is desirable.
- An understanding of the demands of a pressurised environment.
- Experience of implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Time management and prioritisation of work.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and reporting skills.
- Flexibility with regard to working time arrangements and travel requirements
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty