This position is critical to the overall running of the site Utilities/Facilities operation and is involved in the overall lifecycle of capital assets (designing, delivering, operating, maintaining, and decommissioning) in the most productive and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate will be the site SME for all utility and facility systems. They will manage the day to day operation of the systems from an engineering and compliance perspective, ensuring uptime is maximised to support production requirements. The candidate will have a proven track record of working with teams in a collaborative manner to deliver and achieve function and site goals.
Essential Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Managing the maintenance systems associated with all site utility & facility systems.
- Manage outsourced facility contracts for hard and soft services
- Management and coordination of the site calibration system
- Ensuring that budget adherence is achieved.
- Planning and executing site shutdowns as required to ensure systems are properly maintained and upgrades completed to critical site systems.
- Driving a continuous improvement mentality to ensure that industry leading uptime is achieved on all utility systems.
- Providing SME input into any new system upgrades or future capital projects.
Utility / Facility System Ownership:
- Coordinates/Development/monitors activities the Maintenance Excellence program.
- Continuously monitors the critical GMP systems and raises deviations, CAPA’s and change controls as required in conjunction with quality and other stakeholders.
- Estimates and coordinates resources needed (materials, budget, time and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks.
- Understanding of Basic Instrumentation and work with Instrumentation group to ensure calibrations are performed without issue and any investigations are carried out through the site deviation/change control program
- Work with Engineering Manager to ensure Elastomer Change Out is performed on Utilities Equipment as scheduled through the CMMS system.
- Jointly responsible for achieving financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Act as the SME (Subject Matter expert) on all Utilities/Facilities Equipment across the site
- Liaise with the Engineering Shift team daily to review equipment performance on all Site Utilities Systems
- The Utilities Engineer will deputise for the Engineering Manager in such cases as per the job specification but is not limited to the job specification.
- Participates in economic analysis and feasibility studies as required and supports the start-up of new facilities/Utilities in the development of their maintenance strategy.
- Manages the site CMMS system (PEMAC) to ensure all systems have appropriate maintenance strategies in place and they are executed per plan.
- Independently gathers maintenance and manufacturing performance data (PEMAC Maintenance and Calibration) and performs preliminary analysis. Makes recommendations for system improvements.
- Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans to drive cost containment and cost reduction efforts.
- Anticipates future developments on the site and develops capacity models. Assists with deployment of predictive and reliability centred maintenance strategies.
Problem Solving / Continuous Improvements:
- Provide a centralized, strategic look across equipment performance (downtime), material/component failure analysis, and changeovers (Methods- FMEA, Fishbone/Six Sigma/DMAIC Principles)
- Improves maintenance processes. Recognizes and implements process improvements and cost reductions; creatively applies others’ ideas.
- Leads root cause analysis for equipment downtime.
- Develops and executes reliability studies and evaluations of equipment robustness.
- Work with automation team to support changes and upgrades to utility control systems as required.
- Ensures subcontractors documentation are produced to site standards to ensure a smooth transition from commissioning to qualification when required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of industrial utility systems
- Ability to develop schedules and budgets for small projects and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with a team supporting utility operations in a 24/7 Production Environment.
- Normal working hours are 08:00 to 16:30 hours but will be required to support out of hours activities on occasion.
- Well-developed abilities with personal computers, process automation is required.
- Structured problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English language
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment and ability to make decisions in a structured and timely manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a team environment.
- Utility design experience
- Validation experience in a regulated (FDA/ISO)
- Contractual experience and awareness
- Experience with Energy Management Systems.
- Eng or B.Sc. degree in Engineering or Life Sciences discipline
Min 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar role in a Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device GMP Manufacturing Environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 090 64 78104 or email email@example.com