A fantastic opportunity has come up with our client for a Transport Shift Manager for the morning/day shift (4 am -12:30 pm or 10 am - 6:30 pm) . Our client is Ireland's largest food service provider and is currently undergoing an expansion which is an exciting time to get stuck into a new role in this growing business. The Transport Shift Manager will be crucial to the operational success of the distribution functions of the business. We are looking to speak with candidates that have experience in building, leading, and managing teams aimed at operational success.
Transport Operations Supervisor's Responsibilities:
- Support all depot activities through the coordination of resources to ensure the smooth running of the depot.
- Mentoring and motivating the delivery team in line with performance goals.
- Maintain multi-departmental communication lines across the business where necessary.
- Ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of company vehicles and reporting any equipment breakdowns.
- Support with the incoming and outgoing goods and collections processes
- Ensuring that health & safety guidelines are being followed at all times
Experience we like to see:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role. Must have experience with managing/supervising teams
- Experience within the distribution, logistics, supply chain, warehousing, or similar industry
- Be fully proficient with IT systems such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Proven experience in managing teams to deliver high standards of service
- Experience in analysing business data in real time and reacting accordingly to achieve optimum operation results.
Non-Essentials but nice to have:
- A full clean Category C Drivers License or CPC Card
- Knowledge of the Department of Transport Regulations
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Ryan Blackett.