Video for this job
Trainee Fund Accountant
As a Trainee Fund Accountant, you will assist with the preparation of accounts and other related accounting activities driven by client needs and to ensure that all processes undertaken are in line with the Company’s procedures. You will be expected to assist in providing accurate well-presented client deliverables within the agreed deadlines in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company.
The Trainee should demonstrate progression in understanding core accounting concepts. Develop a sound understanding of all applicable laws, regulations and rules associated with the Company’s business activities.
- Production of management, interim and audited accounts
- Bookkeeping process and maintenance of ledgers
- Preparation of carried interest and other calculations in accordance with the fund documentation
- Gain an understanding of the capital adequacy requirements to enable preparation of relevant calculations
- All aspects of accounting for clients
- Ad hoc queries
- Planning of annual audits and liaise with fund accountants to establish timetables
- Liaise with auditors
- Undertake General Administration
- To manage workloads to ensure that the Company’s required minimum chargeability is maintained.
Skills Experience and Qualifications:
- ACCA or similar
- An understanding of the capital adequacy requirements to enable preparation of relevant
- An understanding of aspects of accounting for clients