This position will report to the Engineering Manager. The candidate will be part of the Toolroom and Automation Group who are responsible for equipment builds and upgrades across the plant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Machine parts to drawings and sketches provided using manual machines and/or CNC mill.
- Design production aids, fixturing, tooling and measurement tools in cooperation with manufacturing engineers and technicians. Give feedback on levels of accuracy and precision that are achievable for challenging parts.
- Manage external vendors to get tooling made, as necessary.
- Order materials and components using their procurement system.
- Assemble tooling and equipment, install, and test to assure functionality.
- Complete paperwork as required to maintain EH&S and Quality standards.
- Manage inventory of cutting tools and other toolroom consumables.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning on the toolroom equipment
- Maintain toolroom cleanliness and housekeeping and ensure that others do also.
- Assist in maintenance or troubleshooting of production machines when required
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and initiatives to improve Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Good attention to detail and strong ability to learn new techniques, systems, and technologies.
- Champion compliance to all systems, processes, policies, and procedures with a positive can-do attitude.
- Take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
- Senior trades qualification in Toolmaking or Machining.
- Minimum five years’ experience. Preferably in medical devices or other small part industry, but not essential.
- Computer literate with experience using email, Word, Excel, CAD etc.
- Ability to operate all tool room equipment – lathes, mills, surface grinders.
- Experience in set-up and programming of CNC mills. Experience using SolidWorks and associated CAM package would be a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, good team player who works well with colleagues or independently.
- Positive attitude toward paperwork required by regulated industry.