Our client, a leading Medical Device company, is looking to hire a Tooling Engineer to join their growing team in Sligo. The Tooling Engineer will support NPI and Production Departments. The Tooling Engineer will be responsible for providing tooling and design support on the introduction of new injection moulded or assembled medical components.
Key Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Project engineering support on the introduction of new tooling or upgrades to existing tooling.
- Subject matter expert for new tool builds, guiding the external tool design and manufacturing process with tool vendors.
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) support of injection moulded and assembled components.
- Design for Tooling (DFT) support of injection moulding tooling.
- Control of product/tooling CAD data.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline is desirable
- Previous experience in the medical device or similar industry with exposure to any of the following a distinct advantage: product design, tooling design, tooling engineering, jig/fixture design or manufacture, project management
- Strong experience in using SolidWorks or other design tools desirable for this role.
- Experience in product design or tooling design is a significant advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn