Our client based here in Galway are looking to hire a Tool Room Assistant on an initial 23-month contract.
This is a full-time position working within a Medical Device Manufacturing environment, including Class 7 & 8 Cleanrooms and workshops.
*** Day Shift ***
- Assembly of production tools according to production schedule.
- Adherence to safe practices and operation of all equipment within the facility.
- Completion of work orders as scheduled by toolmaker.
- Sandblasting of tooling.
- Changing knife blades.
- Stock checking and ordering of cutting knives and blades.
- Preventative Maintenance on all material, tooling trolleys, and IGE boxes.
- Sucker plate modification and replacement.
- Ordering, sourcing, and labeling of parts as required.
- Other light Maintenance duties throughout the facility as requested by the Facilities manager.
- Adherence to good housekeeping guidelines.
- Assisting toolmaker in any duties as requested.
- Leaving cert as a minimum with a 3rd level mechanical qualification/trade very desirable
- Trained in the use of hand tools and computer literate
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- A methodical approach and an aptitude and interest in Mechanical type work
- Attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative
- Good Organizational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Knowledge of Toolroom Equipment desirable
- Profin the use of Hand tools
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717