- Reference: D47346
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre
- Category: Banking & Finance
In depth knowledge of Irish domiciled UCITS Fund structure is essential.
- Assist in the management of multiple third-party vendor relationships including but not limited to Independent board of directors, Management Company, legal advisers, auditors, custodians, fund administrators, trustees, tax advisers etc.
- Escalation point of contact for queries from all Asset Management areas and the service providers proactively working to ensure issues are resolved in full and preventative measures are in place to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Need to develop strong relationships both internally (Sales, legal, RFP, PMs, Risk & Compliance) and externally (tax advisors, Administrators, Custodians and Mancos) helping build out the International Operations teams reputation as the ‘go to’ team for technical ops related vendor queries.
- Provide technical fund and SMA operational expertise to internal and external clients as required and work closely with product teams so as to keep knowledge up to date with a product set that constantly needs to evolve and grow in response to growing business needs and client demands.
- Help build out, implement and maintain a robust governance framework, set of best practices and oversight model through active management of vendor related issues/errors, KPI monitoring and due diligence meetings as needed.
- Partner closely with rest of the team to ensure regular service review and governance meetings are held, and minutes reported on to the COO office. Ensure prompt attention is paid to emerging operational risks or near misses by vendors so that effective remediation is put in place to prevent a reoccurrence.
- As the business continues to grow and evolve there will be an increased need to work closely with the Irish ManCo, Corporate Secretary and internal product teams to ensure that regular board meetings agendas and strategy days are effectively managed and related vendors adhere to the reporting deadlines for these critical meetings.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement, ensuring training manuals, policies and procedures are made up to date and current. In consultation with the Head of International Ops identify ways to streamlined and enhance the overall fund governance and lifecycle management of the fund with recommendations to senior management.
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the funds by supporting new business goals, working as needed with vendors to provide creative solutions to non-standard requests, support for RFPs and focus on client experience to win and retain business.
- Asset management background strongly preferred
- In depth UCITS knowledge essential
- Strong experience in management of multiple third-party vendor relationships is essential for consideration
- Strong communicator, ability to communicate effectively at all levels and at ease with Senior Management and Executives (both internally and externally)
- Ability to recognize when to escalate issues to management that could result in potential reputational, financial or operational risk to the company
- At ease working in a very fast paced and ever-changing environment which can be quite pressurized at times
- Ability to manage complex relationships often with multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills, ability to work independently with limited need for day to day oversight and people management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Need to have a proactive, solutions lead and positive outlook with the ability to move in a fast faced and pressured environment at times.
- Experienced with Share point and Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Time and organizational management skills essential, including the ability to balance the demands made by a change in circumstances with ongoing job requirements
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Ability to grasp new concepts and ideas quickly
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Extensive experience in a third-party relationship/management particularly with UCITS Fund structures, ideally Irish domiciled.
- Experience of working within a product governance and oversight environment ideally within a global asset manager or a global operations team/
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and ever-changing environment which can be quite pressurised at times.
- Experienced in dealing with and developing relationships with Sales and distribution partners, knowing when and how to push back and at the same time deliver results.
- Excellent project management and communication skills a must have
- Good understanding of Asset Management business and its client base
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required with extensive operational, technical and business knowledge and functional expertise that has been developed
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie