An exciting opportunity for an experienced Test Engineering Technician to join a leading designer and manufacturer of high-reliability electronic motor control solutions based in Ringaskiddy, Cork. This role will be on a permanent contract and will be based on a Mon-Fri week.
The Test Engineering Technician is a member of the Quality & Lean Integration group. The role reports to the Test Engineering Supervisor. The Test Engineering Technician implements and maintains custom test solutions for Moog Circuit Cards and system level motor controllers in the PCB board shop and System manufacturing area within production. A key focus is to drive continuous improvement through applying Lean tools to remove waste from test processes, reducing cost and increasing throughput by minimising downtime.
- Support of test solution design. Order parts for new equipment and support the build to deliver new test processes and solutions to schedule and budget.
- Contribute to improving custom test solutions and processes.
- Monitor and maintain existing production test equipment, respond to downtime calls with urgency to minimise interruption to production. Identify and order replacement parts as needed.
- Implement Correct and Preventative Actions to predict and avoid test downtime.
- Work with production test technicians and Test Engineers to improve the reliability and effectiveness of test solutions to meet program needs.
- Improve test procedures and processes and support personnel training to ensure on-site test is effective.
- Support DFT and work with the wider Engineering Group through the product design cycle to verify and validate solutions.
- This role may suit a graduate engineer and specific studies and projects may stand as proven experience in lieu of the experience described below.
- 3 years’ experience in developing or supporting test solutions in an electronics environment
- The role requires an Electronics qualification or other related engineering discipline.
- An in depth understanding of electronic circuit functionality and components is required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.