An exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer/Senior Test Technician to join a leading designer and manufacturer of high-reliability electronic motor control solutions based in Cork on a permanent contract. This company has been based in Ringaskiddy for 40 years and is certified to Aerospace Standard AS/EN9100 for manufacturing, design and aftermarket services.
- Support of design engineering with the development of design for test implementation, product test strategies, test specifications, environmental screening and field returns data.
- Responsible for assigned test & environmental screening processes and associated equipment.
- Responsible for the design, introduction and transfer of custom test equipment intended for the assigned production area and other test areas as required.
- Serve as an interface between internal departments and assigned production test processes also other test areas as required.
- Lead the development of innovative and reliable test hardware and software solutions balancing schedule, cost and performance, in line with program needs.
- In conjunction with other departments, deployment of test procedures and processes along with the implementation of the associated routing steps and personnel training to ensure on-site test is effective.
- Through the production test personnel, ensure assigned test equipment is functional, reliable and effective. Deliver new test processes and solutions to schedule and budget.
- Analyse and solve test equipment issues, implementing corrective actions and preventative actions to reduce down time and improve reliability.
- At least 3 years Test Engineering experience in an electronics or related environment.
- The role requires an Electronics Degree or other related engineering discipline with associated experience described above. This role may also suit a Senior Technician with sufficient experience
- An in depth understanding of electronic circuit functionality and components is required.
- Systems design expertise, including software, digital/analogue and power electronics.
- Moog Ireland’s test strategy is built around LabView and TestStand for automated functions. Experience in LabView is essential.
- Experience in the following is an advantage
- ICT – integrating equipment and interfacing with the Moog Network
- Product engineering
- Experience in an ISO9001 or EN9100 certified environment
- Lean Principles
- Halt Hass Chamber Testing and Maintenance
- Vibration System Testing and Maintenance
- This role requires a high degree of flexibility. Moog Ireland is a project driven business and spikes in demand require flexibility in work patterns in order to meet deadlines.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.