Experienced Test Engineer required for a leading computer hardware design organisation in Galway
Summary of Role
The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing and releasing to manufacturing cost-effective test processes and methodologies to ensure that the product produced by manufacturing will consistently meet the customer’s specifications as defined in the Application Deployment Requirements (ADR) document. The candidate will be responsible for multi-tasking and providing both new product introduction and sustaining engineering support across multiple products and customers with varying requirements.
- Design, develop, and release test processes for all new products being introduced to manufacturing.
- Coordinate with program manager the receipt, setup, and release of customer provided items during all phases of the program
- Create, release, and maintain test work instructions for manufacturing.
- As required, provide training to manufacturing on test work instructions and the proper use of special test tools or fixtures.
- Provide timely support to the production floor to ensure the product is of high quality and delivered on time.
- Provide, fabricate, and coordinate the purchase of tools and materials needed to support the test process.
- Work with global team members to optimize and standardize testing methods.
- Analyze labor requirements with a focus on opportunities to reduce cycle time and touch time.
- Develop and deploy efficient processes and controls that will also ensure that all critical to quality data is captured.
- Create and deploy solutions that ensure corporate compliance with ISO standards (ex TL9000, ISO9001, IS14000, ISO 27001, etc.)
- Perform root cause analysis of manufacturing process failures and implement closed-loop corrective actions in support of improving product yields
- Initiate, review, and implement ECO’s for UEI & Contract Mfg.
- Maintain current working knowledge of test tools and fixtures.
- Provide final approval for the release of a product to General Availability.
- Create and maintain scripts that are used for the test, drive continuous improvement through test automation and team collaboration.
- Maintain a focus on data security, as well as change control methods.
- Develop and maintain test assets and insure ISO calibration requirements are met.
- As required, interact with customers as needed to define test needs.
- Learns about the Company’s business as appropriate. Shows up to work on time and attends work as scheduled.
- All other duties as requested by a supervisor or department head.
- BSc/BE or equivalent required with 6-8 years of related experience
- 10+ years experience in Manufacturing Engineering environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Trained and experienced in Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Ability to evaluate, document and educate on required manufacturing operating work instructions, processes, test script integration and process control plans
- In-depth knowledge on generating and processing ECO’s
- Understands how to support TL/ISO requirements.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of server technology and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to learn all operational aspects of the Company’s products and services
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments and software support
- Experience with Bash, Perl, Powershell, and Phython coding languages is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of Intel and Dell system configuration and support or equivalent
- Preferred knowledge with Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management or equivalent
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic office tools.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics and engineering skills that will enhance the implementation of automated test scripts and server test technology is required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to logically break down complex situations into tasks, or to formulate fault trees for risk analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Salary DOE
- Full healthcare
- 21 days annual leave