Video for this job
Field Service Engineer
Work for an award-winning Irish IT and Telco Managed Service company in Cork. Manage a portfolio of clients and see to their IT Infrastructure needs both proactively and reactively.
- Manage a portfolio of client sites, and have ownership over those accounts.
- Carry out project work on customer sites
- Windows server installs & migration
- Hyper – V Farms
- Clustered Environments
- Hosted Server Infrastructure
- Active Directory installations
- Microsoft Exchange installations
- Office 365
- New pc setups and migrations
- Provide support to customers on any software or hardware issues that they may have. This support may be carried out onsite or remotely as appropriate and may include:
- Firewall and router technology support
- Windows mobile and handheld devices
- Provide second level escalation support to the service desk/field service team
- Advise customers on their current and/or new technologies and give recommendations where possible
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Network Engineering experience performing planning, design, installation, support and optimisation.
- Working knowledge of networking in the following areas: Wireless, Network Policy Management, Firewalls, IPS, AAA and route/switch.
- IP Addressing
- Knowledge in deploying, operating, and maintaining various network systems.
- Knowledge of network design.
- Knowledge of security certificate management and deployment.
- Working knowledge in managing intrusion prevention/detection systems.
- Working knowledge with vulnerability scans and assessments.
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization systems and protocols.
- Strong TCP/IP network administration skills.
- Experience in managing Virtual Private Networks.
- Experience in managing Firewalls.
- Solid knowledge of Windows networking and security. Windows/UNIX and Active Directory integration experience is a big plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to producing high quality documentation.
- Ability to work well with others across many organizations including development, sales, marketing, finance, customer support, and field service.
- Professional demeanour and strong work ethic.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen on 021 491 1061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org