Our client based here in Galway are looking to hire a Technician on an initial 23-month contract with the intent to turn permanent. This role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Responsible for the safe, efficient running of the Kiefel Thermoforming machines, working as part of a team to manufacture products to the highest quality specifications.
- Adhere to Safety Procedures at all times. Report all accidents/incidents, and near misses to Safety Officer and Line Leader/Production Supervisor.
- Participate in Improvement activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles/tools
- At the beginning and end of every run, the technician must ensure line clearance is completed as per SOP.
- In the event of work being required on the machine, the trainee technician must notify supervisor and, if required, open a works order Onkey.
- At the end of every shift, the technician must ensure that all downtime is logged on the machine monitoring system (Provideam).
- Complete tool changes, set thermoforming and roller press machines complete roll changes
- Produce product to the requisite Quality specifications with reference to Quality Instructions as outlined in On-Line folders.
- Ensure all In process Checks /measurements as outlined in On-Line folders are complete/timely/accurate
- You are responsible for the work of the Operators in the cutting products. You should set up the cutting process by cutting the product with the operator for up to10 minutes. You should train the operators where possible in the tasks that they do.
- Ensure all non-conforming material/product is controlled via the relevant SOP
- Carry out the above tasks whilst conforming to good manufacturing practice (GMP)– keeping the work environment clean, safe and orderly
- You should strive to continually improve:
- Cycle times
- Quality – exceeding customer requirements
- More efficient tool changes
- Improved G.M.P.
- Training of operators.
- You are responsible for the work of the Operators in the cutting of products.
- You should set up the cutting process by cutting the product with the operator for up to10 minutes. You should train the operators where possible in the tasks that they do.
- Strong Systems knowledge
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO Quality standards and production processes
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capability
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent record
- Versatility Handling Equipment
- Technical Literacy Skills
- Open to further development
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717