- Reference: GY47364
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Summary: This position is responsible for performing a variety of complex tasks under general guidance and in compliance with cGMPs. The Manager Technical Training is responsible for the learning management system (LMS) as the system owner. This position also serves as the Learning Management System (LMS) Subject Matter Expert by providing support of the day-to-day ongoing operation, maintenance, usage, analysis and administration of the LMS. Also responsible for leading a group of Technical Training professionals, setting and communicating the vision for the group, and fostering a culture of collaboration in a global organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Creates and sustains strong partnerships and communication with numerous functional areas to identify and manage business requests related to opportunities for continuous improvements
• Manages complex projects in a compliance- and quality-driven organization
• Builds and maintains a strong working knowledge of existing and new ComplianceWire design features, and can apply that knowledge to find solutions to business requests as they relate to the Training Quality System and the Learning Management System (LMS).
• Oversees all aspects of IOPS Learning management System (LMS) and its operational processes, procedures and training materials, including maintaining strong relationships with key business leaders to ensure acceptance and operational applicability
• Participates in cross functional / sites’ Technical Training teams to identify departmental goals, objectives and metrics in alignment of IOPS Technical Training strategy.
• Develops deep understanding of employee GMP training needs and aligns organization on the strategies to address those needs via effective communication.
• Mentors and develops Technical Training department staff.
• Manages and oversees the systems specialists on department projects and initiatives.
• Serves as a role model for behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization with respect to quality, safety, efficiency, compliance and collaboration.
• Recommends, negotiates and maintains training vendor contracts and ensures relationships are managed in an effective manner.
• Manages data reporting mechanism to generate detailed training completion reports for area managers and site management reviews. These reports are also used to provide employee training compliance evidence requested during regulatory audits.
• Conducts internal audits and monitors employee training to ensure that all employees are in compliance.
• Serves as an LMS SME or spoke person for Technical Training during a regulatory inspection.
• Provides training/user support for LMS end users and administrators.
Education and Experience:
• Requires BS/BA degree in related field along with a minimum of 7 years of progressive industry/relevant experience, including 3 years direct GMP training experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• Previous direct managerial experience is required.
• Administration or ownership of an LMS, ComplianceWire strongly preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org