Our client based in Sligo and Letterkenny require a Technical Services Officer (Senior Assistant) on a 1 year contract basis initially. This role provides a range of professional, technical, project management, property, fire and safety and related services in respect of the procurement, development, operation and maintenance of physical infrastructure – including buildings, plant and equipment.
These services include design, specification, project management, supervision and procurement associated with major and minor capital building and refurbishment works, risk and asset management, property services, maintenance of health care facilities, fire and infrastructural safety issues, etc. This role can be based in Sligo or Letterkenny.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and supervise the execution of major & minor capital works throughout the area of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive brief for the proposed major and minor capital projects in consultation with services and Capital & Estates personnel and advisors
- Prepare budgets for the carrying out of the proposed Minor & Major Capital work programmes and ensuring that projects are within agreed budgets.
- Be responsible for Minor Works lists, selection of contractors for bid purposes and recommendation of tenders for acceptance for all projects.
- Ensure compliance with EU procurement and financial regulations.
- Supervise staff and contractors in the implementation of the agreed programme.
- Provide Technical Support role to service personnel as required.
- Prepare in consultation with appropriate officers and advisers, programmes for the maintenance of buildings, services, and equipment (under their control):
- Defining in accordance with overall guidelines, maintenance requirements of all buildings, services, equipment, major & minor capital works, fire precautions and risk management schemes and proposing priorities in the allocation of resources.
- Draw up, or arrange for the development of plans and contract arrangements for the implementation of approved maintenance programmes.
- Ensure that buildings, services, and equipment under their control are adequately maintained in accordance with approved maintenance programmes.
- Work with the Property Manager to develop and implement a property management strategy and local property plans in collaboration with other key personnel and advisors.
- Ensure that adequate fire prevention and safety measures and standards are devised and applied in association with Fire & Safety Officer.
- Provide advice on the efficient use of energy and work with service personnel and other Capital & Estates personnel and advisors on the efficient use of energy in healthcare premises.
- Advise on facilities and environmental matters in conjunction with services personnel and other Capital & Estates personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a Level 8 (or higher) Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) major academic award in Architecture, Engineering or Surveying accredited by the relevant Professional Institute (Society of Chartered Surveyors in Ireland, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Engineers Ireland, Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland). OR
- Have Membership of the relevant professional association:
- Society of Chartered Surveyors in Ireland
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Engineers Ireland
- Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland OR
- Be eligible for registration under the Building Control Act 2007, without requiring further assessment as it applies to your qualified discipline. AND
- Have had at least five years’ satisfactory post qualification experience in architecture, engineering or surveying work, including adequate experience in the construction or maintenance of buildings or in the installation or maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and heating services of such buildings.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins.
071 - 9140252