Would you like to run your own business without any risk?? If the answer is Yes this position could be for you…..Our client is currently looking for you to join their Sales Team if you are based in Cork. You must be a hungry, self-driven individual with a desire to succeed. In return, they will offer you a generous basic salary and a very competitive commission rate on sales. They will provide you with an established customer base for development in your area, and full product training on an ongoing basis. You will also have the support of the market leader in the industry. They do not require you to have any formal sales training, it would be an advantage if you have construction experience (either on-site or sales related) and a min of 3 years sales experience is essential. Our client the Market Leaders in their industry, encourage people development through formal and informal training. It’s not just a job, it’s a career.
- Maximise selling opportunities, achieving sales and product targets on a monthly basis
- Achieving gross profit targets on a monthly basis.
- Achieving sales objectives by targeted account on an annual basis
- Managing your sales pipeline and completing daily admin
- Advise the customer on which of our products to use and provide technical advice where necessary
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner and provide a prompt solution
- Maximising daily call rates through the utilisation of a daily, weekly and monthly call reports and pipeline reporting
- Ensuring that all key personnel within each targeted account are contacted at a frequency relative to their potential and the sales objectives for that account.
- Carry out site testing and training when required
- Prospecting for new business development
- Making presentations for customers on specific products
- Liaise with the Accounts Department regarding overdue accounts and assist with the collection of payment where required
- Liaise with the Sales Manager regarding price negotiations and discounts
- Managing and accounting for any of the companies’ stocks placed into his/her care
- Maintaining record cards for each of the targeted accounts, to be updated after each call.
- Obtain order numbers form customers when required
- Liaise with the purchasing department regularly on projected market to help ensure that stocks are maintained in line with customer’s needs
- Communicate regularly with Customer services team both on day-to-day customer issues as well as the long-term customer needs and changes in the market demand.
- Ensuring that all in-house procedures for the processing of orders are strictly adhered to
- Keeping the company’s vehicle and demonstration equipment in a clean and serviceable condition, completing a Weekly Vehicle Checklist in accordance with company procedures
Training and coaching (Internal and External)
- Constantly updating knowledge of the markets, applications etc used by targeted accounts
- Keeping up-to-date with competitor’s activity and product development
- Attending training courses as requested by the company
- Provide technical training for colleagues if required
- Provide on-site training on products and applications for customers as required
- Construction experience (either on-site or sales related) is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience is essential
- Results Driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant focused person
- Awareness of the Construction Industry
- Demonstrate a belief in the importance of the customer and a willingness to meet customer expectations.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien