Technical Sales Engineer
Reporting to the Sales Manager, your primary role will be to drive increased market penetration and sales of Safety related Automation Components and Systems throughout our current strong customer base as well as establishing new business within the blue-chip manufacturing companies. The role will require extensive travel throughout Ireland covering Munster, South Leinster incl. Dublin.
- Convert sales opportunities in agreed regions or sectors and successfully promote products, solutions and Engineering services to new customers.
- Identify opportunities for engineering services and support relevant teams to convert such opportunities into profitable successful projects.
- Deepen and expand relationships with existing customers thereby increasing revenues and profitability.
- Provide pre-sales and post sales technical support to the Irish customer base.
- Generate sales reports as necessary, e.g. contacts, plans, competitor intelligence.
- Take responsibility for sales of the product portfolio to specific customers and or geographical regions as defined by the Sales Manager
- Support our teams in the growth of key sectors defined by the Sales Manager for example in the area of Collaborative Robotics, Complex Automation Projects
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience both in Sales and Engineering in the automation system integrator
- Proven knowledge of project engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of automation technology such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Control Switchgear, Safety Relays, Distributed Control Systems, Safe Automation Systems and PC based control systems.
- Experience with modern automation and robotics systems including decentralised PLC control systems, robotic systems including collaborative robots.
- Proven ability in discussing technical as well as commercial related aspects of project completion from shop floor to boardroom level
- Proficiency with typical IT applications and tools including MS Office, Lotus Notes etc.
- Be familiar with regulations and standards relating to Machinery & Process related health and safety in industrial workplaces.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!