Reports to: Building Physics Manager
Our client are looking for someone to join their company and grow with them. They have a progression plan in place for the Technical Advisor to move into management postion. Excellent opportunity for someone looking for a company to develop in.
- Handling of Technical Sales to internal and external customers, including active
promotion of full product ranges, by telephone, e-mail, fax and post, on a daily basis.
- Support sales & specification teams (work with specifiers, merchants,
builders and representative bodies on all matters relating to building systems.
- Maintaining a record of all-Technical Sales enquiries and replies.
- Preparation of monthly reports on enquiry key performance indicators.
- Preparation of weekly report to Building Physics Manager regarding trends, commercial
- Receiving and sorting Project Information details and distributing same to the Area
Sales Representatives on a weekly basis or more frequently where required.
- Meeting & advising customers who, on occasion, visit GIL’s Offices
- Attending and maintaining records from Pre-design / Site meetings.
- Representatives, to assist in the formation of design solution work, for specific projects, & to assist in the formulation of design solution work as necessary.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and attending presentations to Specifying Bodies and Merchant customers, as necessary.
- Utilising industry tools, BIM, Cad, U-value calculator, Thermal modelling and Hygrothermal analysis software to generate project relevant information for specifiers and customers.
- Maintaining & sharing a detailed ‘library’ of such technical information and literature (including competitors details)
- Participating in working groups within the company, relating to Sales /Marketing issues, as required.
- Provide technical support for marketing department in new or review of existing literature and assessment of competitor products.
- Be fully familiar with the Companies’ product range and distribution channels etc.
- Preparing and providing/presenting training to internal and external customers.
- The distribution of Technical data to relevant colleagues within GIL
- Maintaining & managing stocks of product samples
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Safety, Building Regulations & other directives, regulations and standards which apply to the business.
- Undertake internal and external training as provided to maintain own compliance with international, Group standards and legal regulations.
- Log and action maintenance requests for Kilcarbery offices.
- Any other duties appropriate to the position as may be assigned from time to time
- Maintain a high standard of customer service :
- Apply a consistent process to enquiries but retain a personal touch.
- Answer queries and provide support promptly and courteously
- Communicate issues to manager prior to further escalation of problems.
- Seek to ensure that the customer (internal and external) experience/interaction is positive and that actions are agreed and followed through in a timely manner. (Don’t promise what we cannot deliver).
- Ensure that customer’s expectations are managed.
- Develop and maintain own technical understanding:
- Undertake internal training on products, systems, safety, environmental characteristics, building science and use of software tools (required in the technical department).
- Accompany sales and specification representatives to customer sites and experience how best to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Prepare and feedback lessons learned to company on work carried out or training received.
Communication and Working Relationship
Internal environment: A team player able to negotiate support and work closely with colleagues across all functions. An ability to communicate the spoken and written message with clarity across a broad technical and commercial audience.
External environment: Good communicator at all levels from construction site to boardroom. Ability to demonstrate and project an intuitiveness and intimacy with the commercial sector, Normative authorities, Building Industry partners, Customers.
- They act with Safety and Environment in mind
- Continuously improve
- Customer Focus is central to approach
- Differentiate through Quality and Innovation
- They have respect for others – as individuals and as employees
- Our approach is based around team work, loyalty & integrity
- They demonstrate accountability for our actions
- Our business progress is achieved through our people
- They care about the Environment
- Relevant construction qualification: Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Technology.
- Strong ICT skills – Microsoft Office.
- Auto CAD.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 – 5 years technical support experience in business to business (b2b) sector.
- Data analysis skills
- Enthusiastic – hands-on attitude needed.
If interested, please give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org