- Reference: 45909
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leinster, Longford, Westmeath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Scope of the Position:
The Technical Manager – Innovation and Process Development will be responsible for all aspects of technology and engineering management across the Group. This includes product and process development, the introduction of new technologies in line with the company’s strategic direction, the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and the provision of technical leadership to engineering resources ensuring continuous innovation and the achievement of operational excellence. We are seeking strong technical skills with the ability to identify emerging technologies and drive innovation while considering relevance to the marketplace.
- Key role in development of company technology and innovation strategy.
- Acquisition and development of technical capability.
- Management of all Product and Process Development activities including New Product Development, new product introduction and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Implementation of lean manufacturing practices and the promotion of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support of business development activities through enhancing the company’s offerings and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering or Science discipline
- Postgraduate qualification in business/management
- At least 8 years’ experience including senior management experience
- Experience in implementing lean manufacturing and acquiring technology essential
- Capability to organise and direct complex technical projects
- Commercially aware, strategic thinker, the ideal candidate will have proven leadership, innovation and business management skills
- Highly developed coaching, mentoring and communication skills.
- Strong team building skills with proven abilities in decision making and sound personal judgement.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie