Fantastic opportunity for a Technical Advisor (Engineering and Green Economy) to join a key government agency based in either of their offices in Dublin or Sligo. The Engineering & Green Economy Division is responsible for winning new investment while working with existing clients to develop and grow their capability and mandate in Ireland. Key sectors within the portfolio include Industrial Robotics and Automation, Aerospace, Automotive, Engineering Services, Energy and decarbonisation technologies.
**3 year Contract**
Technical Advisor (Engineering and Green Economy) responsibilities:
• To identify and win research & development investments with potential for significant economic impact.
• To continuously identify current and emerging trends in the focus areas of the Engineering & Green Economy Division.
• Proactively engage and provide expertise solutions to existing clients on industry trends within advanced technologies, automation and AI.
• Present and communicate advantages to the client to make them aware of competitive advantage.
• Identification of new R&D and network opportunities with new contacts in diverse business units and at corporate HQ of existing client companies. The role of the technologist (collaborating with project and overseas executives) is to develop and deliver compelling value propositions to these decision makers, to win investments that can transform and diversify the company’s Irish footprint
• In all cases where R&D investment opportunities emerge from existing or new clients, to work collaboratively with the project executive to position opportunities appropriately for the client, Board and Investment Committee
• To build deep and positive relationships with the research community across the broad engineering, manufacturing and green economy sectors, including with i-Form, Confirm, IMR, CeADAR, MaREI, Amber and more
• To present publicly at external seminars and conferences, to raise awareness of Ireland’s capability as an attractive location for engineering and ‘Green’ technology investment and innovation
Technical Advisor (Engineering and Green Economy requirements to apply:
• Third level Engineering related qualification is a minimal requirement, a research-based qualification to Master’s or Doctorate level is strongly preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of international and local technology trends underpinning R&D and Technology activity – in areas such as Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet of Things, Smart Factory, Additive Manufacturing, Robotics and Automation, AR / VR, Decarbonisation and Sustainability.
• Ability to build strong networks to senior level across client companies.
• Knowledge of Ireland research ecosystem and policies that influence R&D & Innovation investment
• The successful candidate will also demonstrate relevant work experience where they have been active in research-related activity in an industrial context, ideally in one or more of the key Engineering & Green Economy subsectors (Industrial Automation, Aerospace, Automotive, Engineering Services, Energy);
• A full clean driving licence and own transport.
• This role will require frequent domestic & international travel and flexible working hours.
FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tina Cornally.