Video for this job
• Handling of Technical Sales to internal and external customers, including the active
promotion of full product ranges, by telephone, e-mail, fax and post, on a daily basis.
• Support Gyproc/Isover sales & specification teams (work with specifiers, merchants,
builders and representative bodies on all matters relating to building systems.
• Maintaining a record of all-Technical Sales enquiries and replies.
• Preparation of monthly reports on enquiry key performance indicators.
• Preparation of a weekly report to Building Physics Manager regarding trends, commercial issues arising/continuing.
• Receiving and sorting Project Information details and distributing same to the Area
• Meeting & advising customers who, on occasion, visit GIL’s Offices
• Attending and maintaining records from Pre-design / Site meetings.
• Representatives, to assist in the formation of design solution work, for specific projects, & to assist in the formulation of design solution work as necessary.
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and attending presentations to Specifying Bodies and Merchant customers, as necessary.
• Utilising industry tools, BIM, Cad, U-value calculator, Thermal modelling and Hygrothermal analysis software to generate project relevant information for specifiers and customers.
• Maintaining & sharing a detailed ‘library’ of such technical information and literature (including competitors details)
• Participating in working groups within the company, relating to Sales /Marketing issues, as required.
• Provide technical support for the marketing department in new or review of existing literature and assessment of competitor products.
• Be fully familiar with the Companies’ product range and distribution channels etc.
• Preparing and providing/presenting training to internal and external customers.
• The distribution of Technical data to relevant colleagues within GIL
• Maintaining & managing stocks of product samples
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Safety, Building Regulations & other directives, regulations and standards which apply to the business.
• Undertake internal and external training as provided to maintain own compliance with international, Group standards and legal regulations.
• Log and action maintenance requests for Kilcarbery offices.
• Any other duties appropriate to the position as may be assigned from time to time
• Maintain a high standard of customer service :
• Apply a consistent process to enquiries but retain a personal touch.
• Answer queries and provides support promptly and courteously
• Communicate issues to manager prior to further escalation of problems.
• Seek to ensure that the customer (internal and external) experience/interaction is positive and that actions are agreed and followed through in a timely manner. (Don’t promise what we cannot deliver).
• Ensure that customer’s expectations are managed.
• Develop and maintain own technical understanding:
• Undertake internal training on products, systems, safety, environmental characteristics, building science and use of software tools (required in the technical department).
• Accompany sales and specification representatives to customer sites and experience how best to meet the customer’s requirements.
• Prepare and feedback lessons learned to the company on work carried out or training received.
- Relevant construction qualification
- Strong ICT skills (particularly Microsoft Office)
- Minimum 2 years of technical support experience in business to business (b2b) sector.
- Good data analysis skills, enthusiastic and hands-on attitude.
- Ability to read drawings
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritise
- Cross-functional relationship building
If interested please call Francesca Pasetto on 01 66 200 88 or email email@example.com