- Reference: D47253
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre
- Category: Banking & Finance
Purpose of Position/Description:
This team lead role is an important part of a small team of pooled fund product professionals with primary responsibility for the day to day product governance arrangements of our rapidly growing UCITS fund ranges, (in excess of $52bn) which comprise two Irish domiciled ICVCs, one Irish domiciled Common Contractual Fund and one Dutch domiciled FGR (the latter utilizes the Irish Management Company passport into the Netherlands). This role is part of their Global Product Management Group with local reporting line into the Head of the Irish Management Company. This team also works closely with the EMEA strategic product team and international operations team, among other teams.
Lead the ongoing product governance of Pooled Fund ranges which includes the management of all legal Fund documents (Prospectus, Supplements and KIIDs), ensuring documents are aligned with regulatory requirements, updated, consistent, maintained and produced in a timely manner.
Oversee the administration of general expenses and budgets for the Funds, including determination/review of general expense allocation methodology, preparation and monitoring of general expense budgets/ accruals with the Funds appointed Administrator. Proactively document procedures, identify and implement ways to streamline and enhance the expense management process.
Identify and implement ways to streamline and enhance the governance and lifecycle management of the funds (KIIDs, distributions, financials, fund holidays, AGM/EGM etc) ensuring that the Fund activities calendar is maintained and kept up to date.
Contribute materials to relevant governance forums including Fund Board materials, NTAMs pooled product forum and product governance committee.
Provide leadership and guidance to team, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
Proactively identify training gaps as needed and assist more junior members on complex queries or technical matters as needed. Conduct performance management and career development processes, make staffing and disciplinary decisions.
Provide technical fund expertise to the rest of the asset management team and to external clients as required, helping team to prioritise queries as and when they arise.
Support the impact assessment, coordination and delivery of product changes brought about by external factors and regulations such as PRIIPS, MIFD, UCITS V etc.
Keep abreast of product trends in the investment industry through building and maintain competitor and general market knowledge as well as regulatory developments.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience in a product development/management particularly UCITS Fund ranges, ideally Irish domiciled within a Global Asset Manager
- Experience across a range of product asset classes (i.e., equity, fixed income, cash and real assets) and investment styles (i.e. active and passive) is advantageous.
- While this role does not require an accounting/tax background, some understanding of fund related taxation would be an advantage.
- Exceptional organization skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment.
- Self-starter and team-oriented, with a proven ability to manage projects across cross-functional teams under demanding deadlines.
- Previous experience as a team lead is required with proven ability to assess and develop the skills of a remote team.
- Flexibility to travel up to 30-50% to engage remote teams they directly manage.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively within and across functions and locales with our strategic product team, sales and relationship management team, portfolio managers, operations staff, legal, compliance etc. teams as well as external service providers (administrator, auditor, etc). Client-centric focus and problem-solving orientation.
- Results-oriented with attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- University Degree in business, finance, economics or related fields preferred.
- The ability to work effectively in a large, growing and constantly changing, global organization.
- This team works in close collaboration with the International COO office who aid the fulfilment of the company’s regulatory responsibilities when outsourcing certain functions as well as the maintenance and ongoing development of service levels from providers in alignment with the market.
Interested? Contact us now!
- For further information on this role, please contact Eva Strain on 01-6620088 or email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
- For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick