- Reference: 46898
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin West
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
A leading pharmaceutical company is seeking an indirect tax specialist on a 12 month contract. This person will be responsible for working with local & international tax colleagues to ensure timely compliance for Irish / EMEA subsidiaries, implement relevant internal policies, support on any tax audits & review the tax implications of internal initiatives, together with external developments, etc.
- Support the indirect tax compliance process including analysis and coordination with finance (both back office & local) teams.
- Assisting with the analysis of indirect tax technical issues that impact EMEA entities;
- Developing and supporting tax initiatives/enhancements including processes and systems, including:
- Refine process manuals developed in conjunction with indirect tax advisors and AFS
- Prepare/update tax decision trees for AP and GL usage purposes
- Management of enterprise indirect tax risks.
- Ensuring timely payments of indirect tax liabilities and submission of refund claims.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documents for indirect tax returns.
- Proactively monitoring indirect tax legislation/policy, including any potential required changes to processes and the ERP systems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local tax authorities and advisors.
- ERP system and Microsoft Office skills.
- Capacity to provide local country support for indirect taxes in the execution of business transactions.
- Experience in delivering guidance on the correct treatment of indirect taxes for financial statement purposes.
- Ability to provide indirect tax support on new business initiatives and tax controversy for EMEA subsidiaries.
- Understanding of indirect tax challenges associated with MNC, manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical entities.
- Ability to bring a broader perspective when undertaking an indirect tax analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, with a hands-on attitude.
- Aptitude to work independently and exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Appetite to take responsibility, with appropriate support, for indirect taxes.
- Ability to work in a global team and to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers.
- Flexibility to manage obligations in other time zones.
- Willing to travel if required for business reasons (<12% of time).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!