- Reference: D47102
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin West
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
A leading pharmaceutical company is seeking an indirect tax specialist on a 12 month contract. This person will be responsible for working with local & international tax colleagues to ensure timely compliance for Irish / EMEA subsidiaries, implement relevant internal policies, support on any tax audits & review the tax implications of internal initiatives, together with external developments, etc.
- Support the indirect tax compliance process including analysis and coordination with finance (both back office & local) teams.
- Assisting with the analysis of indirect tax technical issues that impact EMEA entities;
- Developing and supporting tax initiatives/enhancements including processes and systems, including:
- Refine process manuals developed in conjunction with indirect tax advisors and AFS
- Prepare/update tax decision trees for AP and GL usage purposes
- Management of enterprise indirect tax risks.
- Ensuring timely payments of indirect tax liabilities and submission of refund claims.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documents for indirect tax returns.
- Proactively monitoring indirect tax legislation/policy, including any potential required changes to processes and the ERP systems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local tax authorities and advisors.
- ERP system and Microsoft Office skills.
- Capacity to provide local country support for indirect taxes in the execution of business transactions.
- Experience in delivering guidance on the correct treatment of indirect taxes for financial statement purposes.
- Ability to provide indirect tax support on new business initiatives and tax controversy for EMEA subsidiaries.
- Understanding of indirect tax challenges associated with MNC, manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical entities.
- Ability to bring a broader perspective when undertaking an indirect tax analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, with a hands-on attitude.
- Aptitude to work independently and exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Appetite to take responsibility, with appropriate support, for indirect taxes.
- Ability to work in a global team and to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers.
- Flexibility to manage obligations in other time zones.
- Willing to travel if required for business reasons (<12% of time).
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie