Excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join established organisation who develops and implement key strategies that will ultimately provide high quality, accessible, sustainable transport connecting people in communities across Ireland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key objectives of the Systems Engineer will be
- To ensure the business requirements of the organisation are met through existing and new vehicle-based technology systems.
- Take an active role in the design, commissioning and ongoing operations of all related infrastructure – hosted and cloud.
- Take an active role in the design and implementation of end-to-end system processes for new systems, new Transport Operators and hardware/software updates and changes.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Systems Engineer will include some or all of the following:
- To be responsible for the technology and information management systems used to provide timely and accurate information to customers, members of the public, staff and other users such as Local Authorities.
- To work with IT Service Providers, ICT Security, Management and Architecture teams in the organisation to ensure systems are technically secure and operating to required service levels.
- To take a lead role in specification development (through third parties as applicable) and integration of technical solutions,
- Manage the technical implementation / migration to new solutions / systems via third parties and suppliers, with due consideration of legacy systems to ensure continuity of service as seen by Transport Operators and public transport users/customers.
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of all relevant systems interface definitions.
- To develop and maintain the relationship with suppliers and contractors that supply services
- To work collaboratively with the transport industry, trade, standards and regulatory bodies, to influence best practice, standards, policy development and accreditation standards as they impact the business.
- Proven successful transactional buyer experience
- Proven process improvement experience
- Detail orientated
- Ability to drive process improvements
- SAP or ERP process design experience
- Business Diploma, APICS, CIP etc. or equivalent an advantage
- Good communicator, coach and ability to lead a team & also be a team player
- Computer Literate, E-mail, ERP, excel, reporting
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Problem solving ability
- Awareness (always switched on, capable of multi-tasking to manage supply issues)
- Strategic Preparation (anticipating manufacturing needs and crafting strategies to deliver expectation)
- Able to operate in a dynamic and evolving environment