Video for this job
This Systems Test Engineering job is based in Cork Ireland. This individual contributor engineering role will be responsible for testing DOCSIS and Digital Video products and features in a leading-edge networking & communications lab environment.
- Configure lab test networks and systems. Verify integrity of such configurations and resolve any technical problems that arise.
- Run predefined system test cases on these configurations.
- Record test results and write clear bug reports in respect of any defects found. Assist colleagues in Development Engineering to reproduce, diagnose, and verify fixes for such defects.
- Assist in lab development and maintenance generally. Be able to automate repetitive lab maintenance tasks.
- Over time, contribute to development and maintenance of system test cases alluded to above.
- Assist in reproduction of problems found at customer sites.
- Perform other duties as required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors’ (or Masters’) degree in Information Technology or related field.
- L2/L3, VLANs, IPv4/v6, Spanning tree, and routing protocols such as RIP or OSPF.
- Configuring network parameters on Windows and Linux Systems.
- Fluency in a scripting language, such as Bash or TCL
- Ability to tackle technical problems in a logical stepwise manner.
- A desire and ability to learn on own initiative.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work on own initiative.
- The successful applicant will work with different groups of highly skilled engineers. Must be able to communicate effectively across functional disciplines, organizational levels and facilities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email email@example.com