- Reference: SJ45939
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Sligo
- Category: Production
Our client, a leading company in Sligo, is seeking a Support Services Technician.
- Perform all duties assigned by Team/ Unit Leader.
- Coordinate and conduct: receiving, collecting, inspecting and checking, storage, distribution and staging of materials, organization of full physical inventories and inventory control/management (including tracking) of material. Conduct material and cycle counting and investigate and resolve material variances.
- Maintain a high level of live inventory accuracy and traceability and develop inventory control files and models.
- Comply with all labelling requirements.
- Ensure location system is adhered to and that materials are physically stored in the designated project R&D and Inventory locations. Manage Cooler, Freezer and Warehouse locations.
- Ensure careful handling of all materials and proper inventory management to ensure material integrity and avoid Distressed Inventory.
- Highlight any problems, which have the potential to affect the availability of material, to the Technical Leads and Project Manager and other major stakeholders (e.g., other sites and relevant companies, and specimen vendors).
- Conduct shipment activities as per procedures.
- Ensure all relevant OPs are followed and all relevant documentation is generated and maintained as per procedure.
- Ensure that activities are completed within budgeted guidelines e.g. Per plan.
- Assist and become involved in cost saving ideas.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace. Carry out all duties in a safe manner e.g. Handling of potentially hazardous and bio-hazardous material and safe manual handling.
- Adhere to all GMP requirements.
- Maintain Good Housekeeping and product segregation in all areas.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to waste management procedures for non-hazardous, hazardous and biohazardous waste segregation, storage and labeling per correct procedure. Ensure Environmental procedures e.g., recycling, waste-reduction are adhered to and improvements made where possible.
- Liaise with Warehouse team on the collection and storage of material and the timely and efficient removal of waste when required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent is required. Higher Certificate, Ordinary or Honors Bachelor’s Degree in scientific and technical field would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience in a diagnostic Manufacturing/Warehouse environment is desirable but not essential. Previous experience would provide the foundation for the disciplines required for working as a Logistic Operator.
The attractiveness of the Midwest as a region to set up a world class manufacturing operation and source top talent across a range of roles was further endorsed this week with the announcement from Edwards Lifesciences to set up a European manufacturing site in Shannon with the creation of 60 jobs initially and further ramping […]read whole article
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more