The Senior Planner/Buyer will be responsible for the following:
Co-ordination of all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials/components in support of commercial production and new product introductions. This includes material setup, communicating the plan to the different suppliers within the agreed lead times, optimizing the flow of materials, balancing warehouse capacities/inventory targets while avoiding material scrap.
- Reviewing and actioning Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) to ensure that patient requirements are met.
- Partnering with our teams in the US & the Netherlands to balance inventories across the sites while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials.
- Ensuring that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time to meet plan requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers to identify potential plan constraints and interfacing between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Partnering with Global Procurement & Supplier Quality to drive Supplier performance improvement.
- Assessing the feasibility of potential plan changes and communicating potential issues
- Liaising with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints and managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
- Liaising with Quality to ensure timely testing and release
- Providing forecasts to suppliers and engaging in Sales &Operations Planning processes
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Supporting material introduction and phase out processes.
- Honors’ Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential
- Supply Chain Certification e.g. APICS.
- 2-6 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Masters’ Degree (NFQ Level 9)
- Experience in a similar role within a FDA/EMEA regulated environment
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment
- Experience in the use of SAP
- Project Management Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Adaptable and flexible
- Integrity, trustworthiness and objectivity
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!