Supply Chain Systems Analyst
The Supply Chain Systems Analyst will lead and be responsible for Supply Chain related Master Data in the first instance and expanding to all functions of the business over time. The individual will own ERP data cleansing, maintenance and governance. Additionally, this role involves working on ERP system enhancement projects – delivering system solutions which lead to greater efficiencies for several functions of the business – and it will be the primary support point for handling ERP system related queries and issues for the sites. As such, the individual will be the on-site subject matter expert for the JDE system and they will work towards transferring knowledge from corporate functions to our local users in order to expand the knowledge, usage and capabilities of local users
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvement and best practices in the use of all sites
- Understand and follow approved change management processes
- Manage and execute master data enhancement projects
- Create project plans, including timelines and milestones, tracking progress to the plan and provide business guidance to team members
- Subject matter expert for sites while supporting global initiatives
- Gather and understand user and business requirements, document these as specifications and work through ERP enhancement forums to deliver results
- Develop in-depth systems knowledge in order to support the Supply Chain and the wider business process
- Design system functional improvements to enable seamless integration with other business systems and manufacturing execution systems
- Lead master data initiatives ultimately leading to complete MRP adoption, roll out and execution
- Be proficient in extracting data from JDE using tools like SQL
- Establish MRP related KPI’s and performance measurements
- Create best in class policies relating to master data maintenance and manage compliance to policies
- Develop standard reports and presentations for management review as well as update metrics that highlight overall repository status performance on a periodic basis. Highlight trends, risks, variances, opportunites and key metrics.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Proven ERP experience in some or all of the following functional areas within JDEdwards
- Purchasing, Order Management, Inventory Control, Product Master Data, Bills of Materials, Routings, MRP, Production Scheduling, WIP Management.
- Good working structural knowledge of JDEdwards
- Ability to interrogate & report out of JDEdwards Database using tools like SQL
- Ability to create detailed user requirement specifications
- Ability to create and interpret detailed technical requirements specifications
- Ability to lead workshops to test and implement new functionality within JDEdwards
- Functional & technical support of JDEdwards on the shop floor and back office
- Experience working in a cross functional environment
- Project management, execution and delivery
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to define business process definitions and requirements.
- Detail and data driven in all aspects of the role driving decision making
- The ability to create and deliver training where required
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills (in particular Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Understanding of projects to be managed, project teams, and user system access.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral that can be applied in a complex environment both internal and external.
Excellent inter-personal skills, being able to engage, motivate and involve a wide range of individuals on project activities on all levels.
- Experience in Business Requirement Documents or Functional Specifications
- Exhibit strong organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills. Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams—client SME’s, ERP functional, technical consultants as well as general business users.
- Work with virtual team of people from technology and business process teams
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of System Integrators and project resources
- Service Delivery: Service Plan, Issue tracking, Maintenance Optimization
- Negotiation skills
Education/ Experience Requirements
- BS Degree in Business Systems or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience as an ERP Business Analyst in a manufacturing environment
- FDA,GMP ISO knowledge and experience
- Data accuracy concepts and system knowledge
- High level understanding of IBP Class A integration