This position will report to the Galway Materials Manager. Areas of responsibility will be the implementation of best practices in supply chain management including maximizing ERP / MRP system features and benefits, forecast development and maintenance, inventory optimisation through appropriate lot sizing, safety stock and reorder point controls, vendor managed inventory and an overall lean supply chain.
Also, relevant to the role will be the ownership of certain master data, standard cost maintenance and a strong focus on the achievement of favourable PPV – Purchase Price Variance and maintaining minimum levels of slow-moving inventory.
The role will require leadership on New Product Development projects transition from development into launch and ramp up with the Supply Chain Specialist leading the smooth integration of them into operations ensuring key milestones for new products and variants are achieved on time.
This position will support the drive for departmental efficiencies and standardization in processes and will document ‘standard work’ operating procedures for key related tasks. Overall the position is expected to be highly engaged across all aspects of the Materials Department as and when needed providing both coaching and guidance plus backfill capabilities for others in the team, absolute flexibility in their tasks assignment and ultimately as a capable
- Experience in Materials Management / Logistics / Operations
- Team leadership experience
- Strong analytical experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP
- In-depth working experience with SI&OP, Logistics and other related supply chain processes
- ERP system implementation project management or high-level involvement experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or other related disciplines
- APICS, CIPS or other related certification
A great opportunity with a 4-day working week.
For further information, please contact Celia.Moloney@collinsmcnicholas.ie