Our client, a world leading packaging organisation are looking to add a Supply Chain Specialist to their growing team. The Supply Chain Specialist shall have 2-5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing. In this role you will ensure supply chain performance in aspects ranging from order to shipment to billing and customer service. You will supervise and oversee employees and departments within the supply chain and ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Work closely with demand Planning & production to ensure there is a clear understanding of Customer requirements from the site.
- Management of the End-to-End Supply planning for the site and ensure that the site delivers capacity requirements based on smart and effective production planning and scheduling.
- Management of Raw Material.
- Management of Stock / Inventory levels on site based on agreed metrics.
- Help team determine supply strategy for operational materials required for production and maintain safety
- stock and ordering strategies for production materials and consumables.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of Plant Wide data metrics relating to supply from ERP.
- Collaborates with Finance and Manufacturing teams to analyse financial /production/material variances.
- Lead projects to drive efficiencies around production, materials, and logistic/warehouse management.
- Develop warehouse strategy to ensure optimum use of available space and material flows in and out of the site.
- Lead Business Continuity plan regarding supply of materials and capacity for the plant.
- Key focus on development of the team to ensure that robust and succession plans are in place for critical positions.
- Lead and drive engagement of the team
- Drive a culture that promotes and maintains a safe and healthy workplace for employees, ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures and legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Drive a culture of Quality to ensure all standards are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP and help prepare planning team for upcoming audits
- Work with Finance to align forecasts, understand variances and provide commentary to differences in financial and demand forecasts.
- Develops strong strategic partnerships with Suppliers
- Great team player with excellent communication skills ,strong attention to detail
- Results orientated and self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
- Strong Microsoft office capabilities, particularly in the use of Excel.
- Good Oral and Written Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to interface with Sales ,Finance ,Operations and Suppliers to solve customer & supplier issues
- Knowledge of End-to-End Supply Chain.
- Experience working in the medical device (packaging) or pharmaceutical (packaging) industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Knowledge of logistics
- Knowledge of SAP
Personal Attributes & Capabilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships;
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.