- Reference: GY0000x
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
The Supply Chain Specialist is a key member of the Value Steam team charged with overall responsibility for Supply Chain activities on site with particular focus on establishing, implementing and maintaining an effective forecasting, planning, scheduling and Inventory Management system.
- Ensures a robust supply chain process exists from customer receipt through to order delivery. Supervises other supply chain staff.
- Establishes and manages an effective forecasting process with all customers across all products.
- Ensures that all product demand plans are properly scheduled through the MRP system.
- Works in partnership with Purchasing, Warehousing and Production staff to ensure that all customer requirements are properly planned, scheduled and delivered on time.
- Becomes the in house expert on the Syspro System and maximizes its usage to the benefit of all aspects of the business. Partners with on site and corporate IT staff to ensure value stream requirements and Syspro capability are in sync.
- Establishes an effective inventory management system on site.
- Creates an efficient and appropriate planning, scheduling and delivery process for R&D related product builds.
- A Business or Engineering Degree ideally with qualifications in APICS or CSCP.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a progressive supply chain environment, ideally with at least two of those in a focused scheduling & planning role.
Competencies and Attributes
- Highly competent in capacity planning and master scheduling in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong systems expertise (SAP, Syspro, Business Objects etc) with experience in MRP, ERP and MPS programs.
- Strong understanding of supply chain methodologies.
- A self starter that applies their own initiative in most situations.
- A strong team player, who must have clarity on what he/she requires combined with working effectively with other departments.
- A good communicator who can easily convey his/her ideas and requirements across all levels in the organisation.
- Capacity to make sound judgements while learning from mistakes.
- Attention to detail while maintaining awareness of longer-term objectives.
- Displays the highest levels of integrity.