Supply Chain Specialist
An exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Specialist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in Tipperary on an 11-month fixed-term contract. The role will act as a backup for the Senior Buyer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the manufacturing process by leading investigation of component/material quality issues - work with quality, materials, manufacturing, and suppliers to resolve issues and minimise impact to the business. Demonstrated experience in quality systems in support of deviations, supplier complaints and problem-solving.
· Preparation and data entry of purchase orders, expediting and progressing of orders with suppliers.
· Assist with supplier performance appraisal and monitoring.
· Establish and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers, forwarding agent and courier.
· Resolution of supply problems, general queries and queries relating to payment invoices.
· Develop a knowledge of the materials being purchased.
· Request, update and maintain as required supplier/material details to support new qualifications and implementing change control, while adhering to relevant operational procedures and controls.
· Maintain the company approved intranet application that is the official system of record to store the Approved Supplier List, Materials, and Supply Chains, to ensure accurate data and audit ready.
· Actively promotes and participates in cross functional teamwork as an influential team member.
What the ideal candidate will look like:
· Bachelor of Science, Engineering or related subject with 2-4 years experience in a quality, technical discipline, or supply chain with 2 years of experience in SQM (supplier quality management).
· Previous experience in a Pharma / regulated environment within a manufacturing environment required. 2 years experience in new product/process is a distinct advantage.
· SAP, Excel, Word, are essential.
· Lean Six Sigma (or similar) training a distinct advantage.
· Previous purchasing experience - highly advantageous.
· Analytical & problem-solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company and with suppliers.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty.