Supply Chain Manager
Manages purchasing, production planning/scheduling and distribution functions for the Dublin, Ireland location. Responsible for maintaining a timely, cost effective supply of high-quality materials while adhering to the Purchasing guidelines.
- Data Integrity
- Deadline Management
- Internal Controls
- Zero lost orders
- Zero stock outs
- Adherence to PSA
- Purchasing: Manage procurement activities including demand planning, placing purchase orders and tracking supply of packaging, facings and other raw materials to optimize supply and working capital at the lowest delivered cost ensuring no stock outs disrupting the production schedules. Understand and utilize the purchasing best practices
- Production Planning and Scheduling: Support all aspects of planning, including overseeing raw material and finished goods inventories to best support customer requirements and customer stocking agreements Review and track production data and compliance to the schedule. Identify and escalate any risks to future production plans (material supply, capacity or labor constraints, process issues, etc.) Review and reconcile production work orders to ensure inventory accuracy and perform schedule updates.
- Distribution: Manage and plan all receiving, shipping and warehouse activities and personnel to effectively address effective material flow into the plant and effective finished product flow to our customers addressing their receiving needs
- Vendor Management: Effectively manage relationships with suppliers: manage pricing and terms, and manage vendor accountability for delivery and quality of their products and analyze potential new vendors ensuring that performance is in alignment with purchasing and quality objectives (supplier quality management protocols)
Communication and Working Relationship
- This position requires frequent interaction among staff levels and across internal and external customers and suppliers, most notably Sales, Manufacturing, Marketing, Finance, R&D, & Customer Service
Dimensions and Decision Making
- Individual will have responsibility for problem solving and decision making, improving purchasing planning processes, and reducing working capital while ensuring the security of supply. This position requires effective collaboration with the Global organization and must have the ability to make rapid independent decisions based on supplier conditions, inventory, internal customer needs and/or market changes
Cultivate Customer Intimacy: Understanding and meeting internal and external customer needs. Ensuring legislative & SG compliance at all times.
Act as an Entrepreneur: Has a strong commitment and a sense of ownership. Makes swift decisions. Sets standards and ensures these standards and sustained. Gives meaning to the daily actions of his/her team by aligning his/her actions with the priorities of his/her entity
Takes ownership of the global strategy and applies it on the scale of his/her entity and his/her direct employees
Innovate: Look at current processes and challenge the status quo. Build new ideas, be future oriented. Seeks new solutions to handle recurring difficulties. Constantly optimises or renews the ways of doing things, the methods and the tools for better performance
Build an open and engaging culture Work with and listen to your stakeholders and teams. Build an engaging trusting working relationship. Ensure the wellbeing and safety of employees and contractors workplace.
Be Agile. Be energetic and passionate in what you do. The working environment will change. Need to be flexible and agile to meet these changing demands. Be aware of how these changes impact your stakeholders and the teams around you.
- We act with Safety, Health and Environment in mind
- Continuously improve
- Customer Focus is central to approach
- Differentiate through Quality and Innovation
- We have respect for others – as individuals and as employees
- Our approach is based around team work, loyalty & integrity
- We demonstrate accountability for our actions
- Our business progress is achieved through our people
- We care about the Environment
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- 5 years + experience in Supply Chain role
- People management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- QAD ERP system desirable
- APICS certification a distinct advantage
Specific work experience required to fulfil the role
- Demonstrable experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Proven experience in Inventory control.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and agile.
Interested? Give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email blaithin.oshea@collinsmcnicholas