Job Title Supply Chain Manager
Function / Location / Department Supply Chain
Reports to (Job Title) Operations Director
Direct Reports 2
People under overall control Circa 24
The Supply Chain Manager will manage the supply chain to best practice and then beyond to world-class standards. Our client is committed to WCM, involving all employees in improving safety, quality, manufacturing and customer service performance, and to accelerating the pace of fundamental organisational and cultural change.
To ensure reliable & optimised supply chain from planning raw materials through to production, warehousing, picking, loading & logistics. Working alongside procurement to optimise purchasing for all production related spend and merchandise. To analyse data and processes, find creative solutions to streamline and automate where possible. To ensure all employees and resources are focused on improving our customers experience through excellent service, the reliability of supply & continuous improvement.
- Promote company safety, health, environmental and quality process in the performance of the role ensuring the teams compliance with company and statutory regulations.
- Continuously improve the safety and efficiency of all functions, contractors and site visitors.
- Lead a world-class inventory control system (on SAP) to ensure improved customer experience whilst minimising working capital, obsolescence, and excess stocks through the optimisation of supply and demand forecasting.
- Promote the design, development, and implementation of warehouse, distribution and logistics solutions with stress on real-time response to customer requirements.
- Manage labour costs, personnel productivity, inventory levels, data accuracy and stocking strategies.
- Coordinate and oversee the production planning function to ensure forecast and production plan meet customer demands. Optimise operational resources while executing cost reductions and inventory controls. Conduct monthly capacity and performance analyses to ensure that forecasts and schedules are aligned and integrated. Execute demand flow verification processes, engage in short- and long-term planning and conduct inventory analyses for warehouse utilisation and manufacturing coordination.
- Actively participate in companywide WCM program to achieve continuous improvement in all supply chain and customer related KPI’s.
- Implement strategies to improve service quality, employee efficiency, equipment performance and interdepartmental communication. Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures with an aim to improve internal and external customers experience.
- Negotiate and oversee all material transport arrangements and contracts to ensure safe and efficient receipt and delivery of materials on and off site. Ensure that appropriate import and export compliance procedures are followed by employees and contracted service providers.
- Ensure that all C.S.I. failures are promptly investigated, finding the root cause and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
- Plan, recruit & manage headcount & resources in the supply chain departments. Actively train, develop, supervise and motivate Inventory Control and Logistics teams to ensure optimum performance and commitment to company objectives.
- and investment of time in understanding roles by shadowing the workforce.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement program while maintaining stable supply to customers.
- An ability to make decisions based on both objective / technical data and subjective opinion. Ability to recognise there is a problem with a process and identify and take action on the cause.
- Supporting rationale and business justification data when proposing decisions and directions to Supply Chain & CX Director.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate with min 2:1 degree in a Business / Supply Chain discipline
- Strong IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office).
- Project Management certification an advantage
- Experience in WCM, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma desirable.
- Extensive experience in materials management experience in a high volume customer focussed manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing a diverse portfolio of supply chain responsibilities.
- Proven track record of successful materials management.
- Commercially aware, numerate, logical, self-motivated, and results driven.
- Excellent data analysis skills, enthusiastic and hands-on attitude.
- Strong presentation skills, coupled with the ability to lead a large group of people.
- Strong SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Must be comfortable using enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions and warehouse management systems (WMS).
Interested? Give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email blaithin.oshea@collinsmcnicholas for more info!