The Opportunity –
This role would really suit an established Supply Chain Manager who would enjoy taking the reigns on this part of the business. The company is currently going through a massive transformation and is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to help them lay down the foundations. The ideal candidate will have excellent people management and leadership skills, be solution focused and enjoy overcoming any obstacles and challenges needed.
- As a member of the Site leadership team leads the Customer Service team to provide daily support to customers in terms of order input, new business projects, queries.
- Acts as a project manager for new business opportunities, supporting the commercial team
- Provide functional guidance to the Site production planner
- Owns the Site S&OP process driving the meeting schedule and quality of the process
- Driving improvement initiatives to increase service levels towards customers
- Acting as backup to the Site production planner during periods of holidays
- Oversees the purchasing of direct materials
- Reports inventory KPIs
- Drives working capital improvement initiatives
- Manages subcontractors including a selection of subcontractors and goods transition.
- Overall accountability for warehouse team and daily execution
- Fully accountable for selection and monitoring of performance of 3PL
- Fully accountable for H&S aspects in the warehouse
- Well-developed leadership skills, capable to lead team positively, even in a challenging operational environment and drive improved employee engagement
- Highly developed sense of ownership takes responsibility for deliverables in the CS/Planning/SC area
- Team building, team member training skills
- Customer service focus
- Relationship building
- Continuous improvement focus – evidence of own improvement initiatives realised
- Commercial nous – experience of representing Company to customer
- Planning – experience of planning systems either having worked as a planner or having been accountable for a planning process.
- Hands-on – will need to step into team to execute processes during time of vacation etc. E.g. backup to the planner, producing the plan. Backup to the CS team. May own some customers permanently.
- High competence with numbers and excel
- Good/high energy level
- Technical bent – ability to learn the intricacies of the production processes and item range in order to advise customer on best solution.
- Work experience in a Company with a well-developed Safety culture
- Procurement background
- Logistics/warehouse experience
- Project Management experience
- CI qualification such as Green Belt, Lean background, etc
- S&OP experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org